Sunday, September 3, 2017

We are back!

Welcome back to the 2017-2018 school year. I am back for another year of teaching math at Black Pine Circle. This is a blog space for Ms. Seto's math classes at BPC.  I am beginning my third year and I am looking forward to sharing our journey through mathematics.

My hope for this space is that we can provide a glimpse into the work we are doing in the classroom, and give you a sense of how we are approaching our exploration of mathematics.  My hope is that students develop a set of skills that will carry them throughout their mathematics education.  The eight mathematical practices we will be working on developing are:

1) Understand and Persevere
2) Logic and Reasoning
3) Justify and Critique
4) Model with Mathematics
5) Strategically Use Tools
6) Attend to Precision
7) Utilize Structure
8) Utilize Patterns

For students: this is a portal to access materials and resources for class, a place for class notes and shared documents, and a place to share our reflections with a greater community.

For parents: this is a window into the math classroom and an opportunity for you to access to what happens in your child's day. It can be a tool to connect and create conversations with your child.

For others: this is a place to share our learning and to reflect on our mathematical journey.

I hope you will join us on our journey!